Friday, July 27, 2012

Running for my Life by Lopez Lomong with Mark Tabb

Running for my Life by Lopez Lomong with Mark Tabb is an amazing true story of the life of Lopez Lomong from his childhood kidnapping during church services in his home village in Sudan to his life in the USA as an Olympic track star.  Lopez, no matter the kidnapping, the starvation, or the hard work never gave up.  When he was in the refugee camp he made the decision to be baptized and the chaplain renamed him Joseph.  Lopez identified with Joseph of the Bible who was also kidnapped from his family and placed into slavery but God had meant it for good.   Lopez also believed God had a better plan for him and believed that God meant his life for good.  This book bells of that better plan that God had and how hard that Lopez worked to get there.  He always appreciated it whenever anyone helped him.  Though he has much materially in America he never forgot the Sudan village from which he spent his first 6 years.  He now helps provide precious water, food, education, and medical needs for that village which they so desperately need. 
I loved this book.  It is the best.  It made me proud to be an American and sorry that I don’t appreciate my country as much as Lopez does.  Thank you for reminding me just how truly blessed that I am to have spent my entire life in the USA.  Because of reading this book may I never take for granted my many blessings.  You’ve just gotta read this book.
I received this book from Booksneeze for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment