Sunday, July 31, 2011

George Washington Carver By John Perry

George Washington Carver is a short book about the great scientist.  It tells of his life beginning to end in 154 pages. While that seems to be not enough to a true Carver lover as I am I found myself finding out things that I did not know.  It is a delightful little read that leaves you thirsting to find out more about the humble genius of a man that he was.  We could all with less cause take a lesson in humility from this man.  John Perry has made this man who was always bigger than life to me seem more human than I had read of him previously.  After reading the book I feel that I have been able to meet the man. 
I would recommend this book to anyone who has the slightest interest in history( black or white), science (interesting not dry school stuff), or a biography of an American.  This book I read in one setting as it is very short but it feels complete.  A sure 5 star book.
I was provided this book for free for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment