Thursday, November 13, 2014

Look and Live by Matt Papa

Look and Live by Matt Papa is the first book that I have read by this author.   This book is written for those who would like a closer walk with God.  A walk that is glory filled and a walk in which you are mesmerized by the very world in which you live that God has created just for us.  The book starts with explaining the Glory of God and how it pertains to worship and how to more fully worship and continues on with mission, prayer, always noticing God's work and ends with how to show God's glory through your own daily living. He writes that we all worship, we are made that way--it is just a matter of what we worship that is important.  Will we worship the shiny object we just saw or will we worship the creator of all that is us and surrounds us.  He explains how important it is to start your day with prayer and Bible reading and how to find it a glorious beginning to each next day of your life.  This book was written after writing the music for his album by the same name and includes many of the lyrics as they fit into the writings.

I tried to like this book but many times I found myself getting lost in the words.  I am sure that the author is a good writer or he would not be a successful musician and minister to the people.  There is a writer for everyone and this one is probably the one for someone else.  He had great ideas and I will probably use many of them as I go through my daily life I just didn't enjoy reading the book as well as others.  I would rank this book at a 4 out of a possible 10.  It is his first book though and I would give him another chance should he write another book which catches my eye.
I received this book from Bethany House a division of Baker Publishing Group for this review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment