Friday, May 4, 2012

Wildflowers from Winter by Katie Ganshert

Wildflowers from Winter by Katie Ganshert is a novel about Bethany, an archetect from big city Chicago who returns to the Iowa farm from which she felt she had escaped for a short visit when her beloved grandfather falls ill.  She quickly returns to Chicago only to find that she had been "let go" by both her firm and her boyfriend.  Soon she finds though another phone call that she needs to return to the farm because her grandfather had died.  Bethany works through her grief along with her family and her former best friend.

This novel is a very true to life story reflecting much of how life turns.  Bethany and her friend from the past, Robin work through their grief together.  Bethany grieves the multiple losses of her grandfather, her job and her home in Chicago while Robin grieves the loss of her husband while coping with her newly discovered pregnancy.  Robin relies on her friends, family and God for her support and Bethany relies on herself constantly questioning God and faith.  Both of the women work to live a life of unfairness. 
This is a very good book for any woman to read especially one who is helping someone cope with grief.  I enjoyed it though I had to stop to cry many times thoughout it.  I found myself thinking back through the questioning that I myself put God through as I went through my own trials.  Luckily I had no one who was questioning my faith as I asked my questions.
I was provided this book for this review by Waterbrook Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment