Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Promise of Provision by Derek Prince

The Promise of Provision is a book of God's promise to his faithful followers of abundance.  It is not however a book preaching to pray for whatever it is that you want/need and it will fall from the sky.  It is a book of the Bible stating not only that if one prays for abundance of whatever your needs are that you will recieve them but also stating what the Bible states what it is that God wants you to do with that abundance.  This is different from the greedy abundance books that seem to abound on the popular Christian bookshelves today.  This brings forward the scripture, "To whom much is given, much is required."  Prince takes the reader step by step into how to aquire abundance from God but also in the confines of this rather small book (175 pages) but also step by step into what your requirements are. 
I have to say that I am not much of a "self help book reader".  I am also not much of a "pray for money and you will have bushels of it readily available no matter how stupid you are about your spending habits" kind of a person.  This book however drew me in and got me with all the clear instructions and Biblical background.  This is a book that I can readily advise others to read.  It will not only increase your finances but will more importantly increase you spiritual well-being.  This is a book with scriptural background that did not pick and chose small verses on which to base a book but chose much of the whole Bible to base his theory.  I would recommend this book for reading for any Christian-a new Christian so that he would get off on the right foot and an experienced Christian because we all need to be reminded of our duties as Christians.  One of the quotes that I find most enlightening is that "God is not I was or I will but I AM.
This book was provided free to me for this review by Chosen a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment