Monday, December 25, 2017

Faithful Finance by EmilyG. Stroud

Faithful Finance by EmilyG. Stroud is a book written by a financial advisor qualified to give advice.  That in and of itself is a good reason to read this book.  This is the book for 40 somethings wanting to be ready for retirement when the time comes but yet be financially responsible when it comes to spending their money.  This book advises on not only preparation for retirement but having fun while younger also.  This book puts no stress on having money-it is a reward for hard work.  I liked how this book inserts a plan for figuring out how you are doing financially and how to correct it if it will not prepare you for how you want your future to be going.  There are parts of the book which touches on planning for your future if you are younger (get your education and all that you plan to get while you are young) but it is mostly a book for those in the sandwich years.  This book tells the reader how to plan for your future so that you can live without fear--if you are not saving correctly now then how to correct your saving plan so that you will be ready for when it comes. 

I had hoped that this book would help me as an older reader of this book to figure out if retiring early would be something that I could easily do now but I found the book weaker in this respect.  I wish that I had found this book when I was 40 or so because this book seems more geared to those readers and planners.  That being said I found this interesting to read and a good source of information on budgeting and sticking with a budget through the years with adjustments along the way.
I received this book from Handlebar for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment