Sunday, January 8, 2012

Then Sings My Soul (book 3) by Robert J. Morgan

Then Sings My Soul (book3) by Robert J. Morgan is the 3rd installment of the Then Sings My Soul series.  It is formatted differently than the first two books of the group because it goes more indepth with some of the hymn's history or of the author or composer.  This installment also has at the beginning of the book some history of singing in church as well as history of hymns themselves.  It is also subdivided into segments by types of hymns (ie ancient hymns, contemporary praise, gospel, ect) as well as has a chronological listing of the hymns.  Mr Morgan helps to find more meaning in the hymns sung throughout church history.  He promises to help the reader be soothed and inspired by knowing the heritage of our past.

I love this series and have used both of the first 2 books as background material for worship services.  At first I thought that I wasn't going to like the way that this 3rd book is formatted but after reading through the first chapter I found myself reading this one as a book.  I think for reading enjoyment this one is better but if using the series for background information the formatting of the first two probably is easier to find and get information from.  All in all well worth spending the time and money to get this book or better yet the whole series.  I am now eagerly awaiting the 4th installment.
I recieved this book from booksneeze for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment