Tuesday, July 12, 2011

To be Perfectly Honest

Phil Callaway is challenged by his editor to tell the truth for one year then write a book about it.  He states in the beginning that as a humorist he lies for a living.
I was amazed at Mr. Callaway's honesty and how he tried to do it without being mean.  Phil also shares his honest thoughts that he has through the year--some of which maybe should have just flitted across his brain and just stayed in there.  By a third of the way through I had to read the book in a room by myself as I was laughing so much. Mr. Callaway speaks honestly of his faith and his difficulties with witnessing his faith to others and how he overcame the fears and passed on his beliefs to others.  The reader also meets and falls in love with the author's mother who has dementia.  The author does a wonderful job of describing the funny and sad parts of loving someone with dementia.  By the end I had to read through the tears as I was grieving right along with him.
I recieved this book for free from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing group for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment